SUBJECT/DEPT: Cost Accountant IV
STATUS: Full Time Days
REPORTS TO : Mark Iverson, Cost Accounting Supervisor
LOCATION: Arcadia Plant
Processes various internal financial documents and data. Analyzes data and prepares internal financial reports, consistent with an understanding of the goals of the business and the tasks and responsibilities of the position. Works under supervision, with instructions on routine or semi-routine work and established work parameters for the department. A proficient knowledge of computer systems is required for data analysis, reporting and automation. At times this position may perform general administrative duties in backup or absences. Requires intermediate to advanced computer, analytical and project management skills. Performs professional work requiring knowledge of general accounting principles and practices and the basic application and use of concepts, theories and terminology of accounting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
1. Analyze and explain major plant/company variances. Communicates discrepancies to operations and accounting management.
2. Prepares required reports daily,weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly. Maintains files by programming in changes for codes and department.
3. Reconciles live haul scaling report and works with live side department when needed to identify possible scaling errors and correct. Ensures accurate live weight to the plant for reporting and weights & measures for growers.
4. Coordinates with USDA daily, monthly, and quarterly production statistics resolving discrepancies and correcting as required.
5. Report performance in yield percentage or labor efficiency and identify areas of opportunities to meet yield and labor performance goals.
6. Monitor plant yield value to goal with TM1 reporting and analyze variances by evaluating process yields to goal variances, work with management, supervisors and process owners to identify explanations to variances.
7. Maintain department scorecards with identified KPIs, analyze variances to KPIs and work closely with management and supervisors to assist in identifing opportunities to meet KPIs.
8. Daily and weekly interfaces with other plants to reconcile WIP flows between facilities.
9. Performs weekly stock check to balance outgoing and incoming product with beginning and ending inventories and investigates variances.
10. Monitors the accuracy of the production, scaling, and inventory systems communicating discrepancies to the shipping and IS departments.
11. Calculates and prepares billings for bi-products including interfacing with bi-product vendors to reconcile pounds and dollars invoiced.
12. Analyzes and prepares offal variances from budget including interfacing with sales to reconcile offal revenues.
13. Organizes and records monthly journal vouchers for plant costs.
14. Maintains the production reporting system programs and documents micro-computer systems and coordinates with IS on the mainframe systems.
15. Assist in the preparation of the annual budgets for the processing division including individual responsibility for determining the offal budget.
16. Special project assignments by management, operations, and accounting including travel to other facilities as required.
17. Adhoc analysis as requested by management.
18. Works in a team environment to back up other positions through cross training.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
• Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
• Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
• Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, and participates in or supports the E$P program
• Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• 1-3 years of Previous Related Experience
• Associates Degree in Accounting Required. Bachelor's degree preferred
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Access, and AS400
• Strong Analytical Skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
Submit your application to: Rocky Lisowski, HR Manager