Early Morning Machine Shed Fire in Sparta

News

Firefighters believe a shed fire near Sparta was started by a wood stove.

It happened around 1:40 a.m. Wednesday on County Highway Q in the Town of Angelo.

According to firefighters, the building is considered a total loss.

The homeowner says, earlier in the evening, there was a small fire by the wood stove pipe from the stove to the outside chimney that the homeowner extinguished with some snow. Crews believe the fire rekindled in the middle of the night.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Community Calendar