Former State Senator Kathleen Vinehout’s House Destroyed by Fire


Former State Sen. Kathleen Vinehout and her husband believe their house fire was started by a fire in their fireplace.

That’s according to a news release sent out by the Buffalo County Sheriff’s Department, which says Vinehout and her husband told investigators they started a fire in the fireplace before going to bed and that it was still going when they went to bed that night.

Vinehout and her husband said they were woken up by smoke alarms around 1 a.m., Saturday.

Crews said road conditions and the fire’s location made fighting the fire difficult. 

Vinehout’s son, Nathan Vinehout Kane released a statement regarding his parent’s house fire:

“Our family is eternally grateful for all the love and support everyone’s shown us these past couple days. Between the texts, calls, food and clothes from strangers, and donations on the Facebook fundraiser, we couldn’t ask for a more resounding response in these troubled times. We’re beyond blessed to be a part of this community. Thank you.”

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

First PM Update - Chilson

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Community Calendar