La Crosse Home Damaged in Fire

News
Home Damaged in Fire_1454815881858.png

A La Crosse home is severely damaged after a fire. The La Crosse fire department says it was called to the home in the 12- hundred block of State Street just before eight last night.

Crews say the backside of the home was fully engulfed when they arrived. A battalion chief tells us the older, three-story home was divided into student housing.

A dog died in the fire and a firefighter was treated at the scene for minor injuries. Firefighters say the cause of the fire was an unattended gas grill on the back porch.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

First PM Update - Chilson

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Community Calendar