Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) -The American Red Cross says the country currently has a stable blood supply, but hospitals do need a certain blood product.
They need “convalescent plasma.” It’s plasma donated by people who’ve recovered from COVID-19 and now have virus antibodies.
The Red Cross is also testing all blood donations for virus antibodies so people can come back and donate this scarce yet important blood product. People can donate at the Red Cross’ Blood Services centers.
The Red Cross is doing it by appointment only to limit the number of people in facilities during the pandemic.
- Sarah Thomas to be 1st female to officiate at Super Bowl
- Mexico frees U.S. guardsman caught with gun in Juarez
- 8 things to know about America’s 1st second gentleman, Doug Emhoff
- YouTube bans Trump for another week over inauguration violence concerns
- Hawley blocks fast-track confirmation for Mayorkas