Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) – Pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca says that late-stage trials showed its coronavirus vaccine was up to 90% effective, giving public health officials hope they may soon have access to a vaccine that is cheaper and easier to distribute than some of its rivals.
The results announced today are based on interim analysis of trials in the U.K. and Brazil of the vaccine.
Dr. Andrew Pollard said if people were given a half-dose followed by full dose protection was about 90%. Two other drugmakers, Pfizer and Moderna, have reported preliminary results showing that their vaccines were almost 95% effective.
- Sarah Thomas to be 1st female to officiate at Super Bowl
- Mexico frees U.S. guardsman caught with gun in Juarez
- 8 things to know about America’s 1st second gentleman, Doug Emhoff
- YouTube bans Trump for another week over inauguration violence concerns
- Hawley blocks fast-track confirmation for Mayorkas