EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) – Families who need breast milk for their newborns will now be able to get it in Eau Claire.
HSHS Sacred Heart hospital is home to the first milk depot and dispensary in western Wisconsin. Sometimes when a baby is born, it takes a little while for moms to produce milk on their own, so the new dispensary allows families who choose to breast feed a bridge during that time. Maria Green with Sacred Heart also says it helps mothers’ self-esteem.
Green said, “Offering this program to our community, to other hospitals in our area has really benefited those patients to be successful in breast feeding and it really helps to build that self-esteem in the mom.”
To donate, you do have to be prescreened to ensure the milk is healthy.
- EXPLAINER: What’s known about J&J’s vaccine and rare clots
- Democrats push for passage of anti-Asian hate crimes bill
- White House and Congress express confidence in health officials in wake of pause on J&J vaccines
- Wisconsin suspends use of Johnson & Johnson’s COVID vaccine
- Bridgerton renewed: Netflix confirms seasons 3, 4