LA CROSSE/EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) – Wisconsin saw an increase of people infected with COVID-19 as it nears 495 thousand overall cases.
The state added 3 thousand 406 new cases bringing the total number of positive cases in the state to 494 thousand 747.
There were 60 new deaths in the state. The death toll now past 5 thousand.
Eau Claire County saw an increase of 84 newly reported COVID-19 cases today, a total number of positive cases in the county is now at 9,548.
La Crosse County saw an increase of almost 100 cases for a total of 10,482.
Two new fatalities are added for the Coulee Region, now at 61.
The Coulee COVID-19 Collaborative speaks out on gatherings and provides a vaccination update.
The collaborative says this week’s cases saw 105 infected who are currently known to have participated in a holiday gathering that either exposed them or where they exposed others.
Additionally, there were four churches with multiple cases who attended in-person church services while infectious.
As for vaccines, about 4,500 health workers have been vaccinated in La Crosse.
- Sarah Thomas to be 1st female to officiate at Super Bowl
- Mexico frees U.S. guardsman caught with gun in Juarez
- 8 things to know about America’s 1st second gentleman, Doug Emhoff
- YouTube bans Trump for another week over inauguration violence concerns
- Hawley blocks fast-track confirmation for Mayorkas