LA CROSSE/EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) – Checking the latest COVID-19 numbers, Wisconsin inching closer to half a million total cases.
Wisconsin’s case count is up by close to 38-hundred. 40 more people have died from COVID-19.
Eau Claire County adds three more deaths and 82 more cases.
In La Crosse County, 40 new cases are confirmed, and three more people have died.
Chippewa County tacks on 26 more cases.
Dunn County adds 18 and Barron County 44 new cases.
In a media briefing this afternoon, Eau Claire County Health Director Lieske Giese says there is a local mask mandate in the works if the state mandate falls through.
Giese said, “The state mandate is in existence it has been challenged in court it is right now in existence through January 19. The only reason that a local ordinance would be moved forward is if that state mandate is gone.”
- Democrats revive push to raise minimum wage to $15 by 2025
- ‘I’m so excited’: Chiefs Kingdom living in Tampa area ready for Super Bowl
- Biden’s executive orders target racial inequalities
- ‘Paramedic of the Year’ arrested in theft of Florida COVID vaccines
- See the auroras from space in newly released photos