LA CROSSE/EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) – The Wisconsin Department of Health Services reported record-high numbers today for many of the main daily numbers tied to COVID-19.
New cases went up by 7,073, 66 lives lost, and 291 people hospitalized. Again, all three of these stats are new single-day highs.
State DHS also says of the more than 2-thousand patients currently hospitalized by COVID-19, roughly 20 percent of them are in an intensive care unit.
Four new COVID-19 deaths announced today by the Eau Claire City-County Health Department, brings the total to 35. New cases went up by 92.
- America’s growing debt crisis sparks concerns for future generations
- Rodgers, Packers slay Bears with complete game in 41-25 rout
- Wisconsin confirms Joe Biden as winner following recount
- Costco Cyber Monday: Here are the best deals for 2020
- Packers claim defensive lineman Anthony Rush off of waivers
Chippewa County posts its fifth day in the last seven with 100 or more new positive tests. 184 more cases inches them closer to 3-thousand total COVID-19 positive tests.
La Crosse County’s case count went up by 91, and Dunn County edged up by 33.