LA CROSSE/EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) – Every county in Wisconsin has now seen a death tied to COVID-19.
Yesterday, the Pepin County Health Department confirmed its first fatality within the county, a man in his 80s, who tested positive for the virus last week.
That death was reflected in numbers out today from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
It was one of 62 announced throughout Wisconsin.
The total of new positive tests was more than 7-thousand for a second straight day, and 277 more cases have required hospitalization.
The number of COVID-19 deaths in Barron County continues to skyrocket.
Today, six more fatalities bring the total to 27. Last Thursday, the county had nine. All of today’s deaths were people between the ages of 60 and 90 with underlying health conditions.
Barron County’s total of positive tests today went over 2-thousand with 62 more cases today.
Chippewa County has reported 958 new cases within the past seven days, the latest rise is 102 more positive tests. Deaths increased by two.
La Crosse County’s total of cases went up by 207 today, and the Coulee COVID-19 Collaborative shows one more fatality.
Eau Claire County adds 69 more positive tests.
- Are UFOs and cryptid creatures connected?
- Plague discovered in 6 Colorado counties after 10-year-old dies
- Report: ‘In a bad place’, Davante Adams & Packers stop extension talks
- Newsfeed Now: US Olympians prepare to compete during pandemic; Officer uses chip bag to save stabbing victim’s life
- Tokyo Olympic flame is the first powered by hydrogen