LA CROSSE/EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) – COVID-19 cases continue to rise across western Wisconsin.
Eau Claire County reports its second highest single day increase of new cases today with 239. The total in the county now sits at over 58-hundred. No new deaths are being reported today, the death toll in the county remains at 40.
Chippewa County adds 73 new cases today, the total in the county has now surpassed 35-hundred.
Dunn County records its highest single day increase with 104 cases, its total now sits at nearly two-thousand.
- America’s growing debt crisis sparks concerns for future generations
- Rodgers, Packers slay Bears with complete game in 41-25 rout
- Wisconsin confirms Joe Biden as winner following recount
- Costco Cyber Monday: Here are the best deals for 2020
- Packers claim defensive lineman Anthony Rush off of waivers
La Crosse County sees an increase of 59 cases, the total in the county nears 63-hundred.
In the state, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services is reporting more than 6-thousand new cases of the virus.
This pushes the overall total in the state to more than 312-thousand.
Of those cases, DHS says about 77 percent of them have recovered. 12 new deaths are reported today pushing the death toll in the state to more than 26-hundred, and 155 more Wisconsinites are hospitalized, with the number of hospitalizations in the state sitting at early 14,400.