LA CROSSE/EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) – The Wisconsin Department of Health Services is reporting more than 7 thousand new cases of COVID-19 today. This brings the overall total in the state to nearly 324-thousand. Of those cases, DHS says about 77 percent of them have recovered.
The state also reports a record number of deaths today with 92, this brings the death toll in the state to more than 27-hundred.
The 7-day average of deaths reported has increased 880 percent in two months. A record number of hospitalizations are reported today as well with 318.
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- Coronavirus relief: When will lawmakers reach deal on more help for Americans?
- White House kicks off holiday season welcoming official tree
- Lawmakers debate necessity of a mask mandate in Congress
- Implosion in Indy: Packers collapse in second half and lose in OT
Taking a look around the area, the Eau Claire City-County Health Department is reporting 102 new cases today, this brings the overall total in the county to more than 62-hundred.
3 new deaths are also being reported in the county, bringing the death toll to 45.
Chippewa County is reporting 113 new cases today, the total in the county is now nearing 37-hundred.
Dunn County is reporting 53 new cases today, its total now sits at over 21-hundred. One new death is reported in the county today, bringing the death toll to 4.
La Crosse county, adds 192 new cases today, bringing the total in the county to over 66-hundred.