LA CROSSE/EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) – This comes on a day the state department of health services reported more than 64-hundred additional positive cases of COVID-19. Along with 78 more deaths.
190 more cases of COVID-19 have required hospitalization.
Citing high demand, UW-Eau Claire is expanding its COVID-19 testing capacity on weekends.
This is at the free drive-up community site at memorial high school.
Starting tomorrow, testing capacity will increase to 400 people on Saturdays and Sundays.
The testing is from noon to 8 p.m. Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays until December 9.
Testing will not be conducted next Wednesday – November 25.
People are asked to pre-register for the test.
Checking area numbers, two new fatalities tied to the virus in Eau Claire County. New cases went up by 152.
Chippewa County adds 75 more positive tests and one new death.
La Crosse county surpasses 7-thousand cases of COVID-19, and Dunn County increases by 58.
- Biden meets with bipartisan group of lawmakers to discuss American Jobs Plan
- Backlash to Georgia voting law continues as lawmakers remain split
- Joseph Siravo, ‘Sopranos’ actor, dead at 66
- Pentagon researchers develop under-the-skin sensor that detects COVID infection
- Journey to Tokyo: Rugby player Lauren Doyle aims for spot on Olympics roster, gold