LA CROSSE/EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) – Wisconsin sets a new daily record for COVID-19 related deaths, and new deaths are reported locally.
In a media briefing today, the state DHS says there are 107 new deaths reported to DHS, for a total of three thousand 420.
There are four thousand 78 new cases today and 277 more hospitalizations.
In Eau Claire County, one new death is reported due to COVID-19 for a total of 58, and there are 64 new cases for a total of seven thousand 854.
And in La Crosse County, there is one new death for a total of 37 and 39 new positive cases for a total of eight thousand 794.
- Sarah Thomas to be 1st female to officiate at Super Bowl
- Mexico frees U.S. guardsman caught with gun in Juarez
- 8 things to know about America’s 1st second gentleman, Doug Emhoff
- YouTube bans Trump for another week over inauguration violence concerns
- Hawley blocks fast-track confirmation for Mayorkas
With the new COVID-19 cases today, DHS Secretary Designee Andrea Palm says Wisconsin is inching closer to an unfortunate mark.
Palm said, “Wisconsin is in crisis right now. It took us 7 and a half months to get our first 100 thousand cases. It took us 35 days to get 200 thousand cases. By November 13, 18 days later we had added another 100 thousand cases. Now we’ve reached December and are nearing 400 thousand confirmed cases.”