LA CROSSE/EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) – A recent study by the Travel and Navigation app Gas Buddy finds a nearly 50 percent drop when it comes to travelers planning to hit the road for Thanksgiving this year.
With some of the lowest Thanksgiving gas prices the country has seen in years, only 35 percent of Americans say they’ll be Traveling next Thursday.
As COVID-19 cases in Wisconsin continue to surge, community members say keeping their loved ones safe is the main reason for keeping gatherings small this year.
Mike Bruning , Mondovi resident said, “Generally we’ve always gotten together with our whole extended family but this year we don’t feel that travel is going to be that safe or that good of an idea especially for the elder members of our family so we’re just having a very low key small Thanksgiving dinner this year.”
Pam Rindo, Eau Claire resident said, “Though we did get a couple of invitations to go places we’ve decided to stay home and stay safe since COVID-19 has come to Eau Claire pretty hot and heavy.”
- America’s growing debt crisis sparks concerns for future generations
- Rodgers, Packers slay Bears with complete game in 41-25 rout
- Wisconsin confirms Joe Biden as winner following recount
- Costco Cyber Monday: Here are the best deals for 2020
- Packers claim defensive lineman Anthony Rush off of waivers