MADISON, Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) – State officials are bracing for any potential unrest at the capitol building in downtown Madison.
Crews have started boarding the windows outside the statehouse. A department of administration spokesperson says “proactive cautionary measures” are happening in state capitals across the country, and Madison is no exception.
The plan is to cover all the exterior, ground floor windows. The agency says it does not comment publicly on security protocols and potential threats.
- Sarah Thomas to be 1st female to officiate at Super Bowl
- Mexico frees U.S. guardsman caught with gun in Juarez
- 8 things to know about America’s 1st second gentleman, Doug Emhoff
- YouTube bans Trump for another week over inauguration violence concerns
- Hawley blocks fast-track confirmation for Mayorkas