EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) – Holiday giving is taking place in an Eau Claire County community Facebook page. Patricia Thyrion made a post on the Facebook page she created, inviting the page’s 15- thousand members to comment if they need help with thanksgiving meals next week.
The post has more than 200 comments from people in need.
More than 70 people volunteered to sponsor a family by either bringing them a prepared meal or items to cook for next week
Thyrion, facebook page administrator, said, “I have noticed that a lot of people can’t even go to the stores right now and the more people that are commenting that a lot more people are shocked and they want to help even more. People can’t just get up and do things like before so people are offering even a simple ride or dropping off stuff even if they don’t have any money were getting a wide variety of people who want to help. I want them to not be ashamed, we understand.”
Thyrion plans to make a similar post to help families with Christmas meals.
- Packers host wounded Eagles
- Georgia runoff elections get attention from current, former White House residents
- Direct restaurant relief excluded from latest stimulus bill
- States work to determine which top-priority Americans receive first COVID-19 shots
- Latest COVID relief framework includes billions of dollars for high-speed broadband