EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) – A local church is urging the public to participate in a Christmas Eve community sing event.
First Presbyterian Church in Eau Claire is hoping to get everyone in the holiday spirit this year.
They’re urging you to step out of your front door at 10 PM on Christmas Eve, light a candle and sing Silent Night and We wish You a Merry Christmas.
Minister at First Presbyterian Kathy Walker says a popular children’s movie gave her the idea.
“I had this idea, this sort of vision of like the Grinch you know. The Grinch couldn’t stop Christmas from coming, and COVID-19 can’t stop Christmas from coming.”
And a local radio station is also getting involved.
At 10 PM you can tune into greatest hits 98.1 and sing along!
- ‘This violence must end’: Calls for action on Capitol Hill after latest mass shooting
- White House COVID-19 Response Team announces additional funding to fight COVID-19 variants
- Rodgers’ completes successful run on “Jeopardy!”
- April 20th News Conference to support Cannabis reform in Wisconsin 2021-2022 state budget
- Group seeks to build trust in health care among vaccine-hesitant