LA CROSSE, Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) – La Crosse’s popular Riverside Park has been hit with severe flooding. The park, which is located along the Mississippi River, is a popular destination for locals and visitors alike.
The flooding has affected a significant part of the park’s infrastructure, including several picnic areas, walking paths, and playgrounds.
The City of La Crosse Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department announced the following city properties are closed as of last week.
- Pettibone Park and Pettibone Beach: 700 N. Pettibone Dr.
- Copeland Park: 1130 Rose St.
- Riverside Park: 100 State St.
- Riverside International Friendship Gardens: 405 E. Veterans Memorial Dr.
- Marsh Trails
- Grand Crossing
- Jim Asfoor Trail
- Community Trails
- Green Island Trail
- Houska Park Trail
- Joseph Houska Drive
- Pettibone Drive
- Logan Street (West of Rose St.)
- Copeland Park Drive
- E. Veterans Memorial Drive