DUNN COUNTY, Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) – An Elk Mound man has died in Dunn County’s first fatal crash of the new year.
According to a report, crews responded to a crash Sunday morning just before 3:00 AM on County Highway B-B just North of U.S. Highway 12 in Menomonie township.
The victim is described as a 24-year-old man. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Dunn County Sheriff says when deputies arrived, they found the victim in an SUV in the field
North of the road.
A preliminary investigation shows the victim was driving northbound when he failed to stop at a stop sign, crossed the road, and hit a large tree.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Sarah Thomas to be 1st female to officiate at Super Bowl
- Mexico frees U.S. guardsman caught with gun in Juarez
- 8 things to know about America’s 1st second gentleman, Doug Emhoff
- YouTube bans Trump for another week over inauguration violence concerns
- Hawley blocks fast-track confirmation for Mayorkas