LA CROSSE/EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) – Dire news today from Mayo Clinic Health System. This afternoon, they reported 100 percent of its beds are full in northwest Wisconsin, and 83 COVID positive inpatients are at hospitals in Eau Claire, Barron, Bloomer, Osseo, and Menomonie.
This afternoon, Mayo held a fall community forum for the La Crosse area, focusing on COVID-19. The forum touched on the clinical trials in the works for creating an official covid vaccine, as well as the importance of getting a flu shot this year
Dr. Stacey Rizza, Mayo Clinic Infectious Disease Consultant, said, “We are strongly encouraging everybody to get vaccinated for the flu shot because we don’t want people getting influenza, but also because that flu shot may actually partially help protect you from COVID.
Mayo says 40 percent of its medical-surgical beds are occupied by COVID-19 patients and 50 percent of its intensive care capacity, and that its ICU is full.
- America’s growing debt crisis sparks concerns for future generations
- Rodgers, Packers slay Bears with complete game in 41-25 rout
- Wisconsin confirms Joe Biden as winner following recount
- Costco Cyber Monday: Here are the best deals for 2020
- Packers claim defensive lineman Anthony Rush off of waivers