LA CROSSE, Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) – With all precincts counted, Mitch Reynolds is elected as the next mayor of La Crosse.
Reynolds will replace Tim Kabat who chose not to run for another term.
Reynolds beat out former La Crosse Area Chamber of Commerce director Vicki Markussen to become the top executive in the city of La Crosse. Reynolds received 4,655 votes just barely beating out Markussen who received 4,450.
Following are results for La Crosse Common Council seats:
* District 7 — Mac Kiel defeated Victoria McVey, roughly 60 percent to 40 percent.
* District 8 — Mackenzie Mindel defeated Samuel Deetz.
* District 9 — Chris Woodard won the District 9 seat over write-in K.C. Cayo.
* District 10 — Rebecca Schwarz topped Richard P. Becker.
* District 11 District 11 — Jennifer Trost defeated Richard Korish in the race for the seat Martin Gaul vacated.
* District 12 — Council member Douglas Happel retained his seat, with about 64 percent of the vote, to Keonte Turner’s 36 percent.
* District 13 — Roger Christians didn’t run for re-election, and Mark Newmann defeated Chauncy Turner.