HOLMEN, Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) – One local non-profit continues to stay committed to filling families’ food baskets this Christmas.
Today, the Salvation Army of La Crosse County held their first of four donation sites in partnership with Thrivent Financial to collect food items for needy families signed up through their Angel Giving Tree program, in which community members dropped off items outside Thrivent’s office on Empire Drive in Holmen, and advisor Todd Trautmann says they’re happy to help.
Trautmann said, “This is the first of four different stops for every Tuesday and Friday during the next couple weeks, we will be having a collection site throughout the area using the community to help support these events. The Onalaska City Hall, the La Crosse City Hall, as well as an auto parts store on the south side of La Crosse.”
The Salvation Army looks to fill over 500 food baskets this year. For the full list of drop-off sites, check out the link on our website.
- America’s growing debt crisis sparks concerns for future generations
- Rodgers, Packers slay Bears with complete game in 41-25 rout
- Wisconsin confirms Joe Biden as winner following recount
- Costco Cyber Monday: Here are the best deals for 2020
- Packers claim defensive lineman Anthony Rush off of waivers