Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) – A Sawyer County judge issued a temporary halt on Governor Evers’ order issued last week.The decision is a result of a lawsuit filed Tuesday by the Tavern League of Wisconsin, opposing the statewide limit on indoor gatherings to no more than 25 percent occupancy.
The Eau Claire County-City Health Department confirms that for now, businesses will revert back to operating at 50 percent occupancy.
President and CEO of the Wisconsin Restaurant Association, Kristine Hillmer, says it is hard on a business having to constantly pivot and adapt to the latest guidelines.
Hillmer said, “There’s a lot of operators that things were starting to improve in their business and they hired staff, and new staff that they’re now going to have to let go because of some of these capacity limits, so it is very difficult when there are lots of things happening simultaneously. It’s difficult to run a business in good times, it’s even more difficult when everything keeps on changing.”
The court hearing between the State’s Department of Health Services and the Wisconsin Tavern League is set for Monday at 9
This afternoon, Governor Evers commented on the ruling through a series of tweets. He says, in part-quote, “Today there was a dangerous decision to temporarily put a hold on our order limiting mass gatherings. We are at a critical point in the battle against this virus and just because some folks out there want to see full bars and full hospitals doesn’t mean we have to listen.”