CHIPPEWA VALLEY, Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) – Even though Christmas is still more than four weeks away, one area nonprofit is helping you get into the spirit of the holiday right now.
Spirit of Christmas trees is now in dozens of area businesses. This one is in the lobby of the YMCA in Chippewa Falls.
To take part, all you need to do is take one of the tags, buy a gift for a child in need, and then place the gift back under the tree.
The trees are just one part of the giving that “Spirit of Christmas of Chippewa County” has been doing in the area for more than 30 years.
Glen Zwiefelhofer, President of Spirit of Christmas of Chippewa County said, “Along with this tree we get a lot of financial donation and we get a lot of backing from the community and from the Chippewa Valley. We get donations from all over the Chippewa Valley and we’re thankful for that. I’m thankful that we live in a great community that is willing to support the kids.”
This was one of more than 50 trees set up across the area.
- Sarah Thomas to be 1st female to officiate at Super Bowl
- Mexico frees U.S. guardsman caught with gun in Juarez
- 8 things to know about America’s 1st second gentleman, Doug Emhoff
- YouTube bans Trump for another week over inauguration violence concerns
- Hawley blocks fast-track confirmation for Mayorkas