EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) – St. Croix hospice healthcare workers in Eau Claire were able to get their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine yesterday.
At least 20 or more nurses and caregivers were vaccinated yesterday afternoon. The chief medical officer of the hospice said so many things came together to make today possible, including development, distribution, and approval for the vaccine.
He is happy to protect his vulnerable patients, loved ones and coworkers by getting the shot and says he does so worry-free.
Dr. Andrew Mayo said, “There have been so many years of development of vaccine technology that the science behind this is very solid and I feel very comfortable getting this vaccine.”
- Sarah Thomas to be 1st female to officiate at Super Bowl
- Mexico frees U.S. guardsman caught with gun in Juarez
- 8 things to know about America’s 1st second gentleman, Doug Emhoff
- YouTube bans Trump for another week over inauguration violence concerns
- Hawley blocks fast-track confirmation for Mayorkas