Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) – UW-Eau Claire, Stout and River Falls will move to online instruction after Thanksgiving break.
UW-Eau Claire Chancellor Jim Schmidt says there are two main factors in the decision, the executive order by Governor Evers this week advising everyone to stay home.
The campuses will remain open through the end of the semester.
Students are encouraged to remain on campus through thanksgiving break. If they go home, they are asked to get tested before returning to the community and re-entering campus.
Schmidt said, “We believe that by taking these steps we are doing our part to support Governor Evers request, we’re doing our part of keep our campus safe and most importantly from our perspective students, faculty, and staff are able to pursue their educational goals in a hopefully little less risky area.
All three chancellors say the decision was not based the number of cases each campus is currently seeing.
They add the hope is to go back to in person instruction for the spring 2021 semester.
- America’s growing debt crisis sparks concerns for future generations
- Rodgers, Packers slay Bears with complete game in 41-25 rout
- Wisconsin confirms Joe Biden as winner following recount
- Costco Cyber Monday: Here are the best deals for 2020
- Packers claim defensive lineman Anthony Rush off of waivers