Trump threatens lawsuit over security costs for Minneapolis rally

Local News

President trump says he’s going through with a rally in Minneapolis Tonight (Thursday) despite his campaign threatening to sue the city for overcharging on security costs.

His campaign is accusing the mayor of quote, “conjuring a phony and outlandish bill.”

The campaign says Minneapolis billed the Target Center upwards of $530,000 for security and the venue is trying to pass that cost onto the campaign.

The city say it based the estimate on past major events, like the super bowl and the final four.

“There are significant expenses associated with a campaign rally from Donald Trump…and, as I said it’s my job to look out for the taxpayers of the city of Minneapolis and that’s not a cost we’re, we’re just going to bear,” said Minneapolis mayor, Jacon Frey.

Frey said when Trump’s rally was announced last month that Trump’s “message of hatred” was unwelcome.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Community Calendar