BARRON COUNTY, Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) – Two people have been arrested in Minnesota in regards to a 2017 cold case in Barron County.
According to the Barron County Sheriff’s Office, 62-year-old Connie Herbst and 26-year-old Austin Herbst were arrested on suspicion of 2nd-degree murder.
In late June, with the help of the DNA Doe Project, unidentified bones in a case from 2017 were identified as 63-year-old Gary Herbst of Elko new market in Minnesota.
Herbst was reported as a missing person to the Elko new market police department in 2014 his remains were later found in maple grove in late 2017.
- Newsfeed Now: US Olympians prepare to compete during pandemic; Officer uses chip bag to save stabbing victim’s life
- Tokyo Olympic flame is the first powered by hydrogen
- Do you know what the Olympic rings stand for?
- Milwaukee Bucks parade celebrates Championship win
- Father holds football camp, “Ashton’s Angels”, to honor his son