BARRON COUNTY, Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) – Two people have been arrested in Minnesota in regards to a 2017 cold case in Barron County.
According to the Barron County Sheriff’s Office, 62-year-old Connie Herbst and 26-year-old Austin Herbst were arrested on suspicion of 2nd-degree murder.
In late June, with the help of the DNA Doe Project, unidentified bones in a case from 2017 were identified as 63-year-old Gary Herbst of Elko new market in Minnesota.
Herbst was reported as a missing person to the Elko new market police department in 2014 his remains were later found in maple grove in late 2017.
- America’s growing debt crisis sparks concerns for future generations
- Rodgers, Packers slay Bears with complete game in 41-25 rout
- Wisconsin confirms Joe Biden as winner following recount
- Costco Cyber Monday: Here are the best deals for 2020
- Packers claim defensive lineman Anthony Rush off of waivers