Two people safe after house fire in La Crosse

Local News

LA CROSSE, Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) – Two people are safe after a house fire this afternoon. According to the La Crosse Fire Department, they responded to a house fire in the 1,000 Block of 6th Street around 3’o clock this afternoon.

Fire crews located the fire in the attic and had it under control within 20 minutes of arriving on the scene. Crews say overheated electric wiring caused the fire.

Everyone was able to get out of the house safely and the red cross is assisting them with temporary housing.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Community Calendar