LA CROSSE/EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) – Almost one in four COVID-19 tests came back positive in Wisconsin in the last 24 hours
That’s according to the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, after reporting nearly 2-thousand new cases of the virus in the state. There are currently over 34-thousand active cases in the state, with 93 percent of people who have contracted the virus being considered recovered.
DHS is also reporting two more people have died from the virus, putting the death toll at 5,157. In today’s report, 52 more people are hospitalized.
Taking a look around western Wisconsin. Eau Claire County adds 69 new cases bringing the total in the county to nearly 98-hundred.
Chippewa County tacks on 37, its total is now nearing 63-hundred.
Dunn County reports 14 new cases, the total in the county has surpassed 37-hundred.
La Crosse County adds 26 cases, pushing the total in La Crosse county past 10,700.
- Sarah Thomas to be 1st female to officiate at Super Bowl
- Mexico frees U.S. guardsman caught with gun in Juarez
- 8 things to know about America’s 1st second gentleman, Doug Emhoff
- YouTube bans Trump for another week over inauguration violence concerns
- Hawley blocks fast-track confirmation for Mayorkas