Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) – Governor Tony Evers announces plans are in the works to offer free at-home COVID-19 tests for everyone in the state.
The initiative calls for saliva collection kits to be made available to everyone, regardless of symptoms.
Each kit comes with instructions on how to collect the saliva, including a video call with the test provider, and how to ship it to a lab for processing. You can order the collection kit online and have it shipped to your home.
State health officials have compared the saliva test to the nasal swab version, which will tell if you have an active COVID-19 infection and can spread it to others.
Andrea Palm, Department of Health Services Secretary-Designee said, “We expect turnaround times to be comparable to what we have with our other contracts for these PCR tests that are also headed to labs for processing. Then, our assisted living facility fasting is with fulgent, which is a lab we also currently have a contract with and are expanding at contact to access their at-home testing supplies as well.”
- Massive summer travel demand drives skyrocketing costs
- Passenger dies during Alaska Airlines flight from Seattle to Nashville
- Doubt about spam accounts could scuttle Twitter deal, Musk says
- ‘The Andy Griffith Show’ actress Maggie Peterson passes away at 81
- How to donate breast milk during the baby formula shortage