More than half a million people, including hundreds of FOX21 viewers, entered a nationwide contest to have their mortgage or rent paid for all of 2019, and the winner is from right here in southern Colorado.
Stephanie Wallace of Security was randomly chosen as the winner of this year’s Home for the Holidays contest. FOX21 General Manager Steve Dant presented Wallace with a check Friday morning.
Wallace said she entered after her dad forwarded her an email about the contest. She initially thought the calls notifying her about the prize were a scam, and didn’t believe they were real until she also received an email from FOX21.
“It actually came at a really good time,” Wallace told FOX21. “I was going through some personal stuff, and it really just made my year. It’s going to help me pay off some bills, and now I can apply my mortgage money to other things.”
Congratulations to our local winner Patricia Farino of La Crosse!
Although she did not win the grand prize, she will still receive a prize worth $300 to and from area businesses. Patricia’s prize includes:
- $50 gift card to Stockman’s Farm Supply and More
- $50 gift card redeemable at B-Framed Galleries
- $50 redeemable at Eric’s Diamonds
- $50 redeemable at Broadway: “A Destination Boutique
- $50 Visa Gift Card provided by Lebakken’s Rent-to-Own
- $50 Visa gift card provided by the Greater Tomah Area Chamber of Commerce, Convention and Visitors Bureau.