WASHINGTON Wis. (WLAX/WEUX) – No one is hurt after a house fire yesterday in the town of Washington. Township Fire says it started in the garage and spread through the rest of a home on Shellamie Drive.

The homeowner, Karen Johnson, says she was watching t-v with her dog when she noticed smoke. She made it out okay and was the only person in the house when it happened.

Johnson says she had been planning to take a nap right before it started. She says she’s grateful she didn’t. Several area fire departments assisted in fighting the house fire.