AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Founding Partners of Drive, Chip and Putt have announced changes for this season, in regards to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2020-21 qualifying season, originally set to begin May 2nd, is now cancelled. The Founding Partners say this was done to protect the health and safety of all involved.
Also announced, the Drive, Chip and Putt National Finals, originally set for April 5th 2020, will now take place on April 4th 2021, the eve of the Masters Tournament. Each National Finalist will be invited to compete in the same age division for which they previously qualified in 2020, regardless of their age on that date.
Those that bought tickets to the National Finals will be sent a refund in May and guaranteed the opportunity to buy tickets for next year.
MORE SPORTS STORIES:
- Morton merely mortal for Rays, question becomes what’s next
- October Red: Dodgers’ Turner again delivers with bat, glove
- Buehler leads Dodgers over Rays 6-2 for 2-1 Series lead
- Mertz, No. 14 Wisconsin rout Illinois 45-7 in Big Ten opener
- Thomas has a fast start for a 65 and a 1-shot lead at Zozo
- World Series Notebook: Urías, 4-0 in postseason, set for G4
- The Latest: LA leads Series 2-1 after dominant Buehler start
- Ally McDonald leads LPGA Drive On Championship in Georgia
- Packers look to rebound against Texans
- AP source: NBA targeting Dec. 22 as start to coming season